New York City Divorce Attorney & Founder
Deana Balahtsis is one of New York City’s prominent matrimonial attorneys. Her nineteen years of experience in the field of Family Law enables Deana to effectively advise clients on a range of issues including divorce, property division, child custody, child support, orders of protection, and adoptions.
Prior to starting her own boutique practice, she worked for four years as a staff attorney at the Legal Aid Society Juvenile Rights Division –Bronx, where she represented abused and neglected children, PINS, and children in juvenile delinquency proceedings. She also worked for two years as a senior attorney for Magovern and Scalafani, representing foster care agencies in a diverse array of issues, such as in prosecuting Termination of Parental Rights Hearings and Foster Children Permanency Hearings.
Mrs. Balahtsis has devoted almost 100% of her legal practice to matrimonial and family law with 19 years of experience in the field.
- 1997, New York
- 2000 Hunter College School of Social Work, MSW
- 1995 Washington and Lee School of Law, JD
- 1991 Lemoyne college BA, Magna Cum Laude
Professional Associations and Membership
- NY BAR Association
- NY Woman’s Bar Association
Decisions of Interest
- In the Matter of Julius G., A Child Under Eighteen Years of Age Alleged to be Abused by Kim R. & Claude G. Respondents, NA-8664/06
- MATTER OF SEASIA D. (Kareem W.) 2010 NY Slip Op 06089 [75 AD3d 548] July 13, 2010 Appellate Division, Second Department – Deana Balahtsis – Attorney for Appellants
- IN MATTER OF ABRAHAM P., WL 5206290, No. 17611/08 (N.Y. Fam. Ct. Dec. 12, 2008) – Deana Balahtsis – Attorney for the Respondent Father